October 10, 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner (Nude, Light Blue) | Review + Swatches

nude - light blue

These creamy pencil eyeliners by Rimmel retail for about $4-$4.50 and claim to be highly pigmented, "waterproof, smudge-proof, sweat-proof, heat-proof, [and] humidity proof." They come in 10 colors: black, sparkling black, brown, taupe, nude, deep blue, turquoise, light blue, silver, and purple. Read on to see if these claims are true or skip to the bottom for a list of pros and cons.


Application: These are really creamy and effortlessly glide onto the waterline. The intensity can also be built up through how many times you swipe it on your waterline. These are also smudgeable since they are so creamy, but they set to a waterproof state.

Longevity: These are quite long lasting on the waterline, except for one area: the outer corner. I always have this problem. These won't last if you cry though. Luckily, the color wears off in a gradient fashion, so there's not an obvious cut off. They do fade throughout the day, so it doesn't wear off in patches. When I swatched them on my hand, they would not come off when I washed my hands. They are quite stubborn. These will set and not move if they are applied to an area that is originally dry.


natural light - flash
applied on waterline

Colors: I think the nude and light blue shades are quite unique and rare (in the drugstore price range). They are also impressively pigmented. The light blue is my favorite. It doesn't look as obvious to me as the nude, which is kind of weird since it seems like everyone detracts from white eyeliner for nude eyeliner. I feel like the nude actually looks very unnatural. Even though it brightens my eyes, it looks odd on me. The light blue is more subtle than a stark white and is complimentary to red, so it makes my eyes look bright and large without being distracting/apparent. It's also close to my eye color. I love it. The nude can also be used as a concealer (if it matches your skin tone obviously) due to its creamy consistency and ability to last long on the skin. It is quite peachy, and I consider it a light-medium shade.

Pros: 
  • Creamy
  • Long-lasting (especially on the skin)
  • Truly waterproof
  • Highly pigmented
  • Affordable
  • Unique colors
  • Can be smudged
Cons:
  • Fades throughout the day (on the waterline)
  • Pencil has to be sharpened (not automatic/mechanical)

I recommend these to anyone since the texture and variety of colors can create a multitude of looks that will last a majority of the day.

Available at any drugstore (Walmart) and Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment